To develop actions of project support, to accompany and co-ordinate R&D actions, to anticipate the technical needs of the laboratories and project teams, especially during preliminary phases of major projects, including skills and technical means, ensuring, for the INSU technical monitoring and support of projects and participation in prospective studies. These missions can be broken down as follows:
Instrumentation and animation monitoring of professions
- To drive the qualitative and quantitative prospective evolution of technical professions especially those which are specific to instrumental and observational needs of the Institute, via training programmes (ANF) and professional networks;
- To accompany the organization of professions through networks and dedicated training programmes;
- To contribute to the organization of congresses and thematic schools for the INSU laboratories;
Project monitoring and support
- To contribute at the national level to the monitoring and support of major technical projects (steering committees or monitoring and support, reviews, key points);
- To ensure the technical monitoring and support of the space laboratories for the INSU, or those implicated in major technical projects and interfaces, with the CNES in liaison with the DS and DAS concerned,
- Do develop activities of project quality: methods, product insurance etc.
- To ensure with the help of the director of the Technical Division (DT) the monitoring and support and the installation of the means for national instruments;
- To ensure the link between laboratories and the DT, jointly with the department team, for their needs concerning development or deployment of means of observation (see the INSU technical division site);
An example of a technical project: a visit to the LAM SPATIAL technical platform during the integration of the Euclid NISP, FIREBall, and SUBARU PFS instruments.
Monitoring of the Institute prospective
- To participate in the prospective organized by specialized commissions and by programmes;
- To co-ordinate the R&D at the INSU and ensure the monitoring of resources that are affected to this;
Monitoring of national infrastructures
- To ensure the technical monitoring and support of national infrastructures;
- To accompany the co-ordination of support for major campaigns of measurements;
- To ensure the monitoring and support of calls to tender that are instrumental for the support of national means.
Click on the link to visit the site of the Technical Division of the INSU (in French).